By José Leon Crochick,Nicole Crochick
This short offers a brand new method of the learn of bullying and prejudice in class settings, interpreting the particularities of those types of violence and referring to them to the hierarchies that distinguish scholars in response to educational functionality and recognition. studying facts accumulated by way of surveys performed among 2010 and 2014 with 274 scholars from public colleges of São Paulo, Brazil, the authors express that, regardless of bullying and prejudice are similar, they've got particular features that have to be said with a view to support educators enhance extra effective projects to avoid them.
Building upon the severe conception of Society – specially Adorno’s reviews of authoritarian character and faculty hierarchies – the authors advance a theoretical framework that is helping researchers and educators to spot the particularities of bullying and prejudice and boost particular options to house them. moreover, the empirical and theoretical parts awarded within the e-book express how those varieties of violence are regarding the 2 hierarchies that exist facet by means of part in faculties – the reliable hierarchy that distinguishes solid and undesirable scholars according to their educational functionality and the unofficial hierarchy characterised by means of the excellence among those that excel in courting, struggling with, in crew activities and those that don't excel in any of those actions.
This cutting edge volume:
• Argues that bullying and prejudice are various kinds of college violence that call for assorted theoretical and useful approaches
• Examines facts accumulated by way of surveys performed with 274 scholars of public colleges in São Paulo, Brazil, among 2010 and 2014
• Relates bullying and prejudice to the hierarchies that distinguish scholars established either on their educational functionality and popularity
• Analyzes the impression of things comparable to autonomy from the college authority and the ideology of authoritarianism on bullying and prejudice
• Presents suggestions to struggle bullying and prejudice in schools
Bullying, Prejudice and faculty functionality: a brand new Approach is an invaluable and cutting edge device for psychologists, educators, sociologists, tuition lecturers and researchers within the fields of kid and college psychology, academic psychology, sociology of schooling and similar disciplines.
Read or Download Bullying, Prejudice and School Performance: A New Approach (SpringerBriefs in Psychology) PDF
Similar children's studies books
Young children and adolescence, despite their ethnic backgrounds, are experiencing way of life offerings their mom and dad by no means imagined and contributing to the transformation of beliefs, traditions, schooling and adult–child strength dynamics. as a result of advances in know-how and media in addition to the results of globalization, the transmission of social and cultural practices from mom and dad to young children is altering.
This e-book demanding situations the perform of exclusion by way of uncovering its roots in nineteenth century social and academic coverage concentrating on negative childrens. Revealing a hidden background of exclusion, this research exposes the connections among the kingdom, the schooling method and social coverage, and opens an area for radical possible choices.
When the 1st version of this seminal paintings seemed in 1990, the sociology of early life used to be basically simply commencing to end up a unique sub-discipline. Drawing jointly strands of current sociological writing approximately youth and shaping them right into a new paradigm, the unique variation of this Routledge vintage provided a effective mixture of principles that knowledgeable, even encouraged, many empirical reviews of children’s lives since it supplied a distinct lens wherein to contemplate youth.
In diesem Band werden die Werte und Wertentwicklungen Duisburger Schülerinnen und Schüler zwischen 2002 und 2008 untersucht. Die grundlegenden Dimensionen des allgemeinen Werteraumes, so wie er in der bekannten Wertetheorie von Helmut Klages beschrieben wird, können dabei bestätigt werden. Im Hinblick auf die Klagesschen Wertetypen und die mit ihnen verbundenen Thesen zur Synthese von Werten offenbaren sich jedoch deutliche Unterschiede.
- Producing Excellence: The Making of Virtuosos
- Improving Maternal & Child Health Care:Blueprint for Com: A Blueprint for Community Action in the Pittsburgh Region
- At Risk: Social Justice in Child Welfare and Other Human Services
- Children of Wrath: Possession, Prophecy and the Young in Early Modern England
Additional info for Bullying, Prejudice and School Performance: A New Approach (SpringerBriefs in Psychology)
Bullying, Prejudice and School Performance: A New Approach (SpringerBriefs in Psychology) by José Leon Crochick,Nicole Crochick
- Download e-book for iPad: Medieval European Coinage: Volume 6, The Iberian Peninsula by Miquel Crusafont,Anna M. Balaguer,Philip Grierson
- Read e-book online To Catch The Wind PDF