By José Leon Crochick,Nicole Crochick
This short offers a brand new method of the learn of bullying and prejudice in class settings, interpreting the particularities of those types of violence and referring to them to the hierarchies that distinguish scholars in response to educational functionality and recognition. studying facts accumulated by way of surveys performed among 2010 and 2014 with 274 scholars from public colleges of São Paulo, Brazil, the authors express that, regardless of bullying and prejudice are similar, they've got particular features that have to be said with a view to support educators enhance extra effective projects to avoid them.
Building upon the severe conception of Society – specially Adorno’s reviews of authoritarian character and faculty hierarchies – the authors advance a theoretical framework that is helping researchers and educators to spot the particularities of bullying and prejudice and boost particular options to house them. moreover, the empirical and theoretical parts awarded within the e-book express how those varieties of violence are regarding the 2 hierarchies that exist facet by means of part in faculties – the reliable hierarchy that distinguishes solid and undesirable scholars according to their educational functionality and the unofficial hierarchy characterised by means of the excellence among those that excel in courting, struggling with, in crew activities and those that don't excel in any of those actions.
This cutting edge volume:
• Argues that bullying and prejudice are various kinds of college violence that call for assorted theoretical and useful approaches
• Examines facts accumulated by way of surveys performed with 274 scholars of public colleges in São Paulo, Brazil, among 2010 and 2014
• Relates bullying and prejudice to the hierarchies that distinguish scholars established either on their educational functionality and popularity
• Analyzes the impression of things comparable to autonomy from the college authority and the ideology of authoritarianism on bullying and prejudice
• Presents suggestions to struggle bullying and prejudice in schools
Bullying, Prejudice and faculty functionality: a brand new Approach is an invaluable and cutting edge device for psychologists, educators, sociologists, tuition lecturers and researchers within the fields of kid and college psychology, academic psychology, sociology of schooling and similar disciplines.