By Kate Douglas
Drawing on trauma and reminiscence reviews and theories of authorship and readership, Contesting Childhood bargains statement at the triumphs, trials, and tribulations that experience formed this style. Douglas examines the content material of the narratives and the boundaries in their representations, in addition to the various ways that autobiographies of youngster became politically very important and influential. This research allows readers to find how tales configure adolescence inside cultural reminiscence and the general public sphere.
Read or Download Contesting Childhood: Autobiography, Trauma, and Memory (Rutgers Series in Childhood Studies) PDF
Similar children's studies books
Teenagers and adolescence, despite their ethnic backgrounds, are experiencing way of life offerings their mom and dad by no means imagined and contributing to the transformation of beliefs, traditions, schooling and adult–child strength dynamics. because of the advances in expertise and media in addition to the consequences of globalization, the transmission of social and cultural practices from mom and dad to teenagers is altering.
This publication demanding situations the perform of exclusion via uncovering its roots in nineteenth century social and academic coverage concentrating on negative young children. Revealing a hidden heritage of exclusion, this research exposes the connections among the nation, the schooling method and social coverage, and opens an area for radical choices.
When the 1st variation of this seminal paintings seemed in 1990, the sociology of youth used to be in basic terms simply starting to become a unique sub-discipline. Drawing jointly strands of current sociological writing approximately early life and shaping them right into a new paradigm, the unique version of this Routledge vintage provided a effective mixture of rules that knowledgeable, even encouraged, many empirical experiences of children’s lives since it supplied a different lens wherein to contemplate youth.
In diesem Band werden die Werte und Wertentwicklungen Duisburger Schülerinnen und Schüler zwischen 2002 und 2008 untersucht. Die grundlegenden Dimensionen des allgemeinen Werteraumes, so wie er in der bekannten Wertetheorie von Helmut Klages beschrieben wird, können dabei bestätigt werden. Im Hinblick auf die Klagesschen Wertetypen und die mit ihnen verbundenen Thesen zur Synthese von Werten offenbaren sich jedoch deutliche Unterschiede.
- Fostering Mixed Race Children: Everyday Experiences of Foster Care
- American Juvenile Justice
- Whither Opportunity?: Rising Inequality, Schools, and Children's Life Chances (Copublished with the Spencer Foundation)
- Kinder und Differenz: Eine ethnografische Studie im elementarpädagogischen Kontext (Kinder, Kindheiten und Kindheitsforschung) (German Edition)
- Nonclassroom-based Charter Schools in California and the Impact of SB 740
- Stuck: Rwandan Youth and the Struggle for Adulthood (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
Extra info for Contesting Childhood: Autobiography, Trauma, and Memory (Rutgers Series in Childhood Studies)
Contesting Childhood: Autobiography, Trauma, and Memory (Rutgers Series in Childhood Studies) by Kate Douglas
- Schöne alte Stuben & das Restaurieren von alten Stuben: - download pdf or read online
- Read e-book online Die Typologie und die Geschichte des christlichen Altars: PDF