By Samuel M. Makinda,F. Wafula Okumu
A comprehensive examination of the paintings of the African Union (AU), with distinct emphasis on its means to fulfill the demanding situations of creating and maintaining governance associations and defense mechanisms.
Samuel Makinda and F. Wafula Okumu convey how Africa and, particularly, the AU can successfully addressed the demanding situations of establishing and maintaining governance associations and safeguard mechanisms provided that they've got strategic leadership. Current debates on, and criticisms of, management in Africa also are analyzed in addition to key options for overcoming the limitations that African leaders face. Core issues coated include:
- the colonial rules of the ecu powers
- the emergence of Pan-Africanism
- the construction of the association of African team spirit (OAU) in 1963
- the evolution of the OAU into the AU in 2002
- the AU’s ability to deal with poverty relief, clash administration and backbone, peacebuilding and humanitarian intervention.
Read Online or Download The African Union: Challenges of globalization, security, and governance (Global Institutions) PDF
Similar globalisation books
Are you stunned to understand that Islam 's God is equal to yours? Islam 's holy publication, the Qur'an, in verse (2:62) states: " Believers, Jews, Christians and Sabeans - whoever believes in God and the final Day and does what's correct - will be rewarded by means of their Lord; they've got not anything to worry or to remorse.
Discover ways to observe the ideas utilized in East Asia’s exceptional fiscal growth the exceptional monetary development of many nations in East Asia has no historical parallel. Globalization and East Asia: possibilities and demanding situations examines various features of the industrial functionality of the zone over the last 3 many years, with a spotlight on what it takes to duplicate the event in other places.
This publication identifies the using forces in the back of globalization and proposes leading edge methods for small and medium-enterprises (SMEs) to confront them. greater than ever, sustainable aggressive virtue calls for SMEs to repeatedly adapt their technique and confront new and present pageant within the overseas marketplace.
This booklet explores migrant's worldwide social remittances and their affects on Europe. Exploring the subject from a number of disciplines together with sociology, anthropology, geography and political technological know-how, the authors current empirical analyses protecting a big variety of foreign contexts throughout Europe, India, Iraq, Bolivia, Congo, Lebanon and Thailand.
- Big Data Challenges: Society, Security, Innovation and Ethics
- Globalization and the Health of Indigenous Peoples: From Colonization to Self-Rule (Routledge Studies in Health and Social Welfare)
- Spillover Effects of China Going Global
- Dilemmas of a Trading Nation: Japan and the United States in the Evolving Asia-Pacific Order (Geopolitics in the 21st Century)
- A Study on Globalizing Cities:Theoretical Frameworks and China's Modes
- Southeast Asia's Chinese Businesses in an Era of Globalization: Coping with the Rise of China
Extra info for The African Union: Challenges of globalization, security, and governance (Global Institutions)
The African Union: Challenges of globalization, security, and governance (Global Institutions) by Samuel M. Makinda,F. Wafula Okumu
- Parcours sociaux et nouveaux desseins temporels - download pdf or read online
- Designing Social Research: A Guide for the Bewildered - download pdf or read online